Creating Complex Certificates (Training For Site Administrators)
Welcome to Informetica's VIP training series.
During this advanced training session, you will learn how to create complex certification paths by using multiple "and" "or" statements that your Learner is required to follow, along with multiple rules to achieve a specific certification with the following steps:
- Login as site manager
- Select the library tab (top navigation bar)
- Scroll down to Certifications. You will have a list of all certificates in the system listed alphabetically.
- Select "Create" on the right-hand side of your screen
- Fill in the certificate details with name of certificate
- Select status (active or inactive)
- Select Duration (expires, never expires, expires every 365 days)
- Allow recertification (yes or no)
Scroll down to the certification rules.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification rules cannot be edited once they are saved.
If you need to change your certificate rules, you will need to create a new certificate with your updated rules, and go back and deactivate your previous certificate.
To continue with this training, we are going to create a certificate with multiple rules.
You could state; in order to obtain a certificate, a user must pass all mandatory Courses and a certain number of elective courses listed.
- Select product
- Select assets
- Insert passing grade
- Select the product from the asset dropdown
- Select your provotest and insert 100%
- Save your rule
- Do you wish to create the following rules? Select: OK
- Review a breakdown of what you just added
State: to obtain certification, the user must pass all mandatory courses and a certain number of elective courses listed.
- Add the Courses Users can choose from. If this was mandatory, you could leave this at four. If they had to take all four assets or products, we could leave this as is and say "add."
- Save rule
Now we are going to add an elective component and add elective courses that your Learner can choose from.
If we insert five courses, they could choose four of the five.
You'll notice that I inserted this quickly, and used the same steps that I recorded in the previous section of this video when we selected the additional rules to help speed up the process.
You will notice three rules have been completed successfully. You can add more if your certification requires additional courses to be added.
- Scroll down and select your campus
- Select available users (associated with the campus)
- A pop-up box will appear, stating: "Your new certification was created successfully." Click OK
Review the certificate you just created by selecting the certificate in the certifications area.
From the same area, you can edit your user groups and check eligible users, and you can also create a printout or delete this if there are no users selected.
You can also deactivate the certificate in this area.
That concludes this advanced training session on how to create complex certifications. I hope this was helpful. Thank you so much for watching.
- How To Create Certifications
- Assign To A Scheduled Training